Sunday, August 26, 2012

My First Try

After three and a half years working as an ABA Therapist with children who have special needs, I decided to start a blog. I wanted to share my wealth of knowledge and help families across the world. Since adding myself on LinkedIN I have had a lot of people reach out for advice and tips for their children. No one would know that I am a professional potty trainer, shadow to children at school, or trained to work with vision impaired students! I felt that starting this blog would give people a chance to get to know me.


Being a highly adaptable and versatile educator, I have enjoyed the opportunity to teach a diverse group of children, including those with ADD/ADHD, autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, social skill deficiencies, speech impairments, non compliant behavior, learning disabilities, physical challenges/ motor impairment and vision impairment. These experiences have helped me grow into a compassionate individual, who takes each student’s unique goals, needs, and interests into account, and creates effective lesson plans and activities to serve each child and meet their needs.

My greatest passion is helping children and working on developing multi-sensory lesson plans, while teaching new concepts and using materials that meets the needs of each individuals.


No comments:

Post a Comment